The Secret Waterfall

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

The stunning, shimmering waterfall rushes to get to the stream, the lush green vines sway in the wind, faint drops of water spray from the mist of the waterfall, fish are splashing and playing within the crystal blue water. This is like a giant playground to explore' I faintly whispered to myself.

As I wonder deeper into this magical island, colorful birds, graceful peacocks, adorable monkeys, fast leopards and cute deer curiously walk around me.

I climb slowly up the rock formation of the waterfall to have a better look at this beautiful mysterious island. WOW! This is the most wonderful sight in the world! The calm breeze blows onto my face. 'I love it here,' I say to myself.

Suddenly the rock formation collapsed! Down I fell screaming with fear! Staggering to the ground scraping myself on a sharp rock! 'This secret waterfall had a hidden lost cave that I just found!' My eyes wandered around the cave walls of Diamond fossils that made my eyes light up like a light bulb. 'HELP! I am stuck in this remarkable cave, HELP!' My eyes swelled with tears and they dripped down my cheeks. It soon grew dark and I lay on my back staring up at the stars trying to find constellations, to take my mind off where I had ended up. All of a sudden a rock slid down the wall and a head with a worried look peeped, over the edge.
'Hello, is anyone down there?' A voice echoed on the cave walls.
'Yes, I am stuck down in this amazing cave! A rope dropped over the edge and I climbed up it. Thank you for saving my life! What is your name? I questioned. 'My name is Ruby, what is your name?' 'My name is Amy, why are you on this island?' I whispered.
'Legend has it that there were diamond fossils hidden and lost for years. I live here to find them, and you did, thank you!'

The next day Ruby and I traveled into the diamond cave. 'It truly is beautiful', exclaimed Ruby. We sat and chatted for a while until nightfall, then we headed out. We found a battery on the ground, 'I guess we are not the only people on this island!' Amy said shakily.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!