Vengeance

Vengeance
It was a dark night. The air was cold and I was out for blood. Frank Smith (the man who killed my wife) owns one of the biggest gangs in the city. Every fortnight they grow up at a construction site in the south east of town to plan out their next victims. But I wasn’t there to join him. I was out for blood and I was going to get it. I loaded my pistol and I entered the site. I wasn’t wrong about his gang being there. Joe Reed, Sam Kent, Bill Wayne, they were all there. I got my pistol and knife out and started making my way to the top of the site. That is where Frank would be making his schemes. I was just about to make my to the top someone saw me. I quickly hid behind one of the support beams and got my knife out. He was walking towards me. At the last moment I jumped out in front of him and stabbed him in the hart. I threw his body off the edge of the site. He landed on a bunch of wooden planks. The noise of his landing spread across the construction site like wildfire every one of them was searching the site for me. This made it easier and harder for me. Easier as in the more they cower in fear the more likely they will shot one of their own men than me. Three of them climbed up onto the area I was on, all armed with pistols. So I did the first thing that popped into my head. I jumped out of my hiding place and…. BANG!!! He went down almost instantly. I quickly jumped out of bullet range, waited for them to start reloading before I made my move. BANG!!! The second one went down followed by another…. BANG!!! The noice of the shots must have alerted Smith, because he was running down the steps of the building carrying a box of matches. It was pretty obvious what he was about to do. I ran and tackled him down the stairs. I was right, he was planning on destroying the building. His boys were in the middle of spilling gasoline all over the place. They stoped and got their guns out. BANG!!! I jumped out of the just in time. The bullet dogged me and went straight into one of the goons. I got my pistol out. BANG BANG BANG!!! Three of them went down just as the building caught on fire. Some of the derby started falling and before I knew it half the site was on fire. Frank was standing right in front of me. He screamed for mercy so I asked in where was the mercy when you killed my wife. So I grabbed him and frowned him into the fire. The satisfaction I had watching him burn in the flames.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!