I Am The Lorax

The attack of Dr. Piggysaurus

Fragments were flying in every direction. I sat up. I quickly woke Spencer. “There’s a burglar!” I whispered. “Quick! Get up!” I said. I dragged Spencer out of bed as he woke. I looked at the window. I saw a shadow of someone. The shadow appeared to be holding something. I checked my mum’s jewelry box. Oh no! The million-dollar ring that gives super-powers to the wearer is gone! GONE! GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Quick! Hurry, Spencer!” I said. “He stole the ring! We need to follow him!” Let’s go! We ran out of my house and into the street. We could still see him but he was getting away. We ran for what seemed like hours. Finally, Spencer asked if I wanted to have a break. “Sure” I said. “Here, have a wafer biscuit” Spencer said. I took one. “Thanks, Spencer! Alright, let’s keep moving” Luckily, we could still see the robber. Suddenly he stopped and entered a warehouse. We caught up and entered it as well. Inside was…

Completely nothing except for a table with bottles on it. We looked around. There was nothing there. Then someone stepped out of the shadows. “I am Dr. Piggysaurus! I shall kill you and then take over the world! Oink!” “And how exactly are you going to do that?” Spencer asked. “Well, um, I don’t really know, but since I have this ring, I will eventually find a way to do it.” “Now, I shall kill you with the powers of my ring! Oink!” And Dr. Piggysaurus started creating an army of pigs. “Quick! Let’s see what’s in the bottles!” I said. We rushed over to the bottles. They were labelled things like super-strength, immortality, speed, X-ray vision, invisibility, mind power, flying ability, time-travel, hypnotism, morphing, stopping the world, jump power and built-in rocket launchers. We took them all. (Loud drinking sounds)

We felt super! Dr. Piggysaurus finished making his pig army, but we were ready. Dr. Piggysaurus unleashed the pigs. They marched towards us, and then stopped. They had spotted some slop on the other side of the room. They all walked over to it and started eating, leaving Dr. Piggysaurus \y himself. We flew over to him and got ready to blast him with our rocket launchers. He tried to run but we cornered him. “On the count of three, we blast him, ok?” I said. “3…2…1…”
(Huge explosion)
We had blasted him off the face of the earth!

After that we walked back home. Eventually our super-powers wore off. It had been a fun adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!