The Hippo That Was Scared Of The Water

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

It was a hot Summer's day in Hippo town and all the hippos were hot and bothered.

But one of the hippos was scared of water. You might wonder why. Well, he is scared of water because two years ago just as the sun was going down there was a big muddy water fight in the lake!!! His mum and dad were in a fight with a big, powerful and strong lion. He was scared that his parents were going to get hurt.

One day his parents were talking about doing swimming lessons at Mckeons Hippo Swim School. He started doing swimming lessons and at first he had two teachers who came to help the baby hippo get in the pool. When he got in they started to learn to kick. He was really bad at first but every day he got better.

Every two weeks at 4pm he moved up another hippo level and after one year he had completed them all.

He was never scared of the water again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!