The Mysterious Door

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I hear shouting, yelling. I walk backwards. I feel something. It’s like I’m falling, but wait, I actually am. I’m falling and falling. My body turns, my head is going down first. I see purple swirls going round, round, round and round. There’s a bang. I wake up from my nightmare scared and spooked. I just told myself it’s not real, it can’t be, I know I’m shy but those bullies really didn’t push me into a hole.

But then I hear something. Oh, it’s just the grandfather clock ticking. Tick, tock, tick, tock. But wait, I hear footsteps…. ….. they’re coming closer and closer and closer! The bullies can’t really be here, can they? I hide under my doona and put the pillow over my head. The footsteps are really close now and suddenly they come to a holt. I peek to see what is making the footsteps and to my surprise, it was a door floating in the air. That second, I felt brave enough to come out of my covers and properly see the door.

When I saw it, I thought to myself “that it is funny to be a floating door without any legs!” And when I thought that, the Door responded: “Yes, it is strange but I have sound affects.” “Cool”, I said and then there was silence………. …………. ‘’ Umm, so are you magical?’’ I ask. “No, but I will help you” responded the door. “With what?” I ask. “Well, to help you go to sleep and beat those bullies.” Ohh. I say. “Now” said the door, “lie down, close your eyes, relax and remember you are in control.” I wonder, how I will fall asleep. I can’t stop thinking about those bullies I thought as I drifted off to sleep. Then I closed my eyes.

When I woke up, there was no sign of the door. I decided that I would look later. Then I walked out to the kitchen to have some breakfast. After breakfast, I got dressed, brushed my teeth and did my hair. I packed my school bag and was ready to go. But then I thought about the bullies again. I thought “What am I going to do if they bully me again?”. I run to my room and put my face in the pillow. Then my mum calls me from the front door. I walk downstairs and get my school bag on my back.

I get to school. I see those bullies. They come up to me and start saying rude words. Then I remember the door. I say to the bullies “Leave me alone and you are not the boss of me”. They were shocked. They walked away. From that day on, they never bullied me again. When I got home, I looked everywhere and still no sign of the door. I guess I’ll never know what actually happened to that door, maybe it will visit me in my dreams again tonight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!