Nazi Torture - 1942

“Goodnight Dov,” whispers mum’s peaceful voice in my ear, as I slowly drift off to sleep……. “Ugggh, you filthy Jews,” yells a man, and It’s not Dad. I jump out of bed and rush to the living room. Were I see a Nazi with the full uniform, next to Mum & Dad. We couldn’t help being Jewish. Then I see it, I want to turn and run but I can’t move, I’m in shock. The Nazi’s got a gun, pointing at Mum and Dad’s head.

I run to the kitchen and grab Mum’s sharpest cooking knives and run to him at full speed he turns to me and pulls the trigger, I fall backwards, and the sound and my eyes go all dizzy I pray, Mum and Dad haven’t been shot please. Someone lifts me up by the neck, “Dad is that you,” I say to them my eyes squinting from the black dotted lines I’m seeing everywhere. We walk out of the house. The person who I know now is definitely not Dad because he’s got a long beard and has bullets and weapons taped to his chest throws me on the ground. I get up tears in my eyes “Mum” I yell “Dad.” “Sush you vermin” he mutters and signals me to walk alongside a massive group of men, women carrying babies,and elderly trying to keep up, all wearing white armbands, they're all skinny, they have ragged shirts and are struggling to walk. Oh their jewish. A elderly man falls over and struggles to get up, the Nazi soldiers behind him lean down a shoot him right in the head, “please, “ I say silently “ please say that that didn’t happen to Mum and Dad in the house.” I realise, their going to a concentration camp.

“Hurry up,” yells a Nazi to me in a strong polish accent. I rush up to the rest of the group. I get a stitch and I can hardly breath, I made a plan that I will escape and live with a local farmer. I hope. We finally get there after walking for two days and one night. I look down at my shoes which have burnt soles and are half coming off. That makes me sad, it reminds me of Mum when she took me out shopping and these shoes were her favourite out of the whole store. So I look up instead but that’s worse, big metal gates with wire looming above them, electric fences, poor Jewish people in slavery, How am I going to escape now?

I have been in this concentration camp for 17 days and now the stupid Nazis are trying to put us in a room filled with poison, so I ran. Finally I dug a hole big enough with my fingers to slide under the electric fence.

“I miss you Mum and Dad, I hope I will see you soon ” I say to myself as I trudge through a freezing river, I will survive, for you.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!