Trapped!!

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Trapped!!
By James Rivers
One Sunday afternoon a boy named Tom was walking on the beach. He was walking on the shoreline until suddenly he saw something shining in the sand. He ran over to it and picked it up, ‘It’s a video game?’ said Tom confusedly. Tom ran home and put the game in his console. Suddenly the game started up. He looked at the screen and there was a choice of three characters, Jack, the natural born leader, Tim, an expert rock climber and Kate, an archaeologist. Tom chose Jack. When the game started up he got pulled in. ‘Where am I and how do I get out?’ he said quietly to himself. He looked at himself and saw that his clothes had changed and there was a backpack on his back. He looked in his backpack and in front of him a GUI popped up, he looked at it and he had $70 but nothing in his inventory. He started to walk over to a village in the distance. When he got there he went to the market and bought three bits of food and 3 water bottles. He looked in his inventory and saw that he had $10 left. He left the market looking for stuff to sell, he found stuff like bones and old books. When he got back to the market he sold everything, then he looked at his money and he had $100. He was about to explore some more when he got hungry so he ate one of his food and set off. He was walking for an hour until he found a big metal structure that looked like a big portal ‘This might be the way out’ said Tom, so he went all the way back to the village and bought a stone tablet to start up the portal. When he got back to the metal portal he put the stone tablet inside it but nothing happened. He went back to the village, sold the stone tablet and bought a metal tablet. When he got back to the portal it was night time, so he quickly went to sleep. In the morning he put the tablet inside and the portal started to flash. ‘I am out of here’ thought Tom. When the flashing stopped he went inside. When he got through the portal he saw a blinding light, and suddenly a booming voice said ‘Level One complete, preparing Level Two.’

To be continued….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!