Haunted Avenue

As the night became colder, the house starts to get haunted and petrified. Michael, a young 14-year-old who lives with his step father and mum, woke up from the howling winds as the hands of the trees swayed from side to side. He got out of his warm bed and looked out the window. ‘’ Why is there a broken chair lying in my backyard with all blood on it?’’ For the past week or two, Michael had been hearing strange noises in his house, but he had never known what it was.

Michael wanted to go outside and check the astonishing thing. As he walked he heard some strange noises coming from the bathroom, he opened the door and couldn’t believe his eyes. There was blood all on the toilet, hair stuck on the shower screen, hand marks on the mirror saying, ‘come find me’ and a window with broken glass on the bathroom floor. Michael was shocked he couldn’t be convinced with what he saw, he started yelling and his heart was beating as fast as the speed of light.

Bang Bang!

Michael heard another noise coming from upstairs. He wanted to go see what that noise was, but he was getting to frightened. He was shaking and trying to turn on the light with his eyes closed. He turned on the lights and they started flickering on and off, it kept changing. Michael was getting more scared he didn’t want to go upstairs he thought that someone was ready to kill him.

‘’Michael where are you I’m here come and find me’’ Michael heard someone with a soft tone calling him. He started to get all numb, but he told himself ‘’ I’m brave as a falcon, I’m not scared its not like its anything bad’’. ‘’ Michael where are you’’ he heard the voice again as he started to walk up the stairs. The stairs kept making creaking noises every time he stepped on step. Michael was getting really scared but was trying to show it. As Michael reached the final step he...

Michael couldn’t keep his eyes open properly he couldn’t stand what he saw, his step father and mum when on the ground with blood covering their whole body. Michal started to cry he was so upset he started chucking everything he found.
Michael found a note right next to his mum’s hand. It said,

‘’Dearest Michael, I couldn’t help myself from the situation, your dad kept threating me to kill me and your step dad if I didn’t marry him again, I decided that it wasn’t going to help you watch us die so we decided to do it ourselves, sorry Michael we always have loved you’’.
Michael's jaw dropped as he read the note, so he couldn’t deal with how upset he was and stood out the window and said ‘’ mum and dad if you die I die, we all die together’’…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!