Waiting & Wanting

Tom:
Waiting. Waiting in the longest line in the world. Wanting. Wanting to get a picture with the most famous rock star, Jimmy Barnes. This line was moving like the slowest snail in the world, and a photo with Jimmy barnes is at the finish line.

My name is Tom Henderson and I am probably the most impatient person in the world I am 21 years old and I am a big fan of Jimmy barnes. I am in a hurry to pick up my cousin Lucy from school but I need to get this photo taken.

Lucy:
Waiting. Waiting for Tom to pick me up from school. Wanting. Wanting him to hurry up. The school was closing up for the day and I was the only student there.
“You! Wait out the front of the school for your guardian.” grumbled Mr leon
“Oh sorry.” I squeaked

My name is Lucy Hill and I am going to scream at Tom when he finally arrives. I am 10 years old and have a really short temper I can not wait for anything. Have you seen charlie and the chocolate factory? Well if you have I am probably an identical twin to Veruca Salt.

Tom:
Flash! The camera went off. Three more people to go. 2 more to go. 1 more to go.
“Next waiting.” somebody groaned
I stepped up to Jimmy the camera man said smile I wasn’t ready.

I was at the desk waiting for my photo they pulled out what looked like jimmy barnes and a Pig with a smooshed face. Now I need to hurry I ran to where my car was and jumped into the driver's seat I started the engine. Running low on fuel seriously that is exactly what I need right now .

Lucy:
“SCREECH!” hissed Tom’s car as he pulled to the side of the road. My face turned red Tom didn’t move he knew exactly what he was going to get. I started to do my mindfulness breathing this was recommended by my teacher Mr Curry.

In and out, in and out . Once I had calmed down I got into the car, we did not say a word on the way back to my house. When we got to my house I felt a big hole in my heart so I turned and mumbled that I was really sorry. I gave him a big bear hug and got out of the car.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!