Path To Fame

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

The path to fame is never easy, but it’s worth trying. My name is Chloe Light. I am the middle child of a family of five. We have a family business that I will run one day (yeah right). I’ve tried to tell my parents my dream but do they listen? No. It’s just Lilly and I, facing the world as try to conquer our dreams!
One day, I found the most amazing thing ever! It had a kaleidoscope of colours and said in big, bold words
“TALENT SHOW! Do you have a special talent? Come to Greenway Park at 8 pm on the 23rd of March to showcase your talent!” My eyes literally lit up. I grabbed the poster and raced home.
“OMG!!! That is AWESOME!” my younger twin yelled, “We could go together!” We went upstairs and practised a routine a million times until we decided to practice outside. I went to get my phone out of my room and saw…George? “Look what I found lil’ sis,” he sneered. “Just wait until mum and dad find out.” With those parting words, he marched out of the room. My dreams were crushed. I collapsed into a sobbing pile. Later on, I found two notes under the door.
You’re grounded for 2 weeks –Mum and Dad and
I have a plan to sneak out. Meet me in my room. –Lilly
I went to Lilly’s room.
“Are you ready for the most dangerous task you have ever done?” she asked cheekily. I nodded my head. She told me the plan and, one week later, we put it into action.
I creeped into Lilly’s room. She had our dresses ready. They were rainbow coloured with sequins and strapless. Lilly came in with a grappling hook. We opened the window, fastened the hook and walked down the wall. As soon as we got down, we sprinted towards the park. We saw the hundreds of people that had gathered to watch but my eyes landed on 3 people. Mum. Dad. And George. We tip-toed past them. I found two masks and we put them on.
“And now,” the host announced, “the Twins of Paradise!” I rushed onstage with Lilly close behind. We waited for the music to start. We sang and danced to Party in the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus. I could see that our parents loved our performance. When we finished, we got a standing ovation. I felt my mask slip down. Before I could react, the mask fell off my face. Lilly and I ran offstage. We saw our parents walk through the door. We braced ourselves, ready for the worst. Our parents hugged us. Lilly and I shared a shocked expression.
“We are so proud of you!” they exclaimed.
“The winners of the talent show are… The Twins of Paradise!” the host announced. We went outside and claimed the trophy. We exited the stage and started going home.
“We have begun our path to fame!” we yelled as we stumbled home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!