The Bugs

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

THE BUGS


Lily was about to go to sleep when all of a sudden she heard loud buzzing sound coming from downstairs. Think of a bumblebee times a thousand!

“What’s that?” Lily asked Liza. Lily and Liza were sisters. “Let’s go downstairs and have a peek.”

They tiptoed downstairs and couldn’t believe their eyes! There was a wave of strange little bugs showing up all over the house! “Oh no,” shouted Lily in disbelief. “What are we going to do now?” she asked, with a panicked look in her face.

“I don’t know, but we have to think of a plan,” Liza answered. She then paused briefly and seconds later her face lit up. “I know,” she exclaimed happily. “Let’s hit the bugs with a broomstick.” Liza said rushing. They ran to the cupboard as fast as they could and got a broomstick each, and then they went back to where the bugs were.

As soon as they got there, they were hitting the bugs like mad! They were trying and trying as hard as they could, but they kept missing.

“It’s no use,” Lily said, crestfallen. “We have to think of another plan,” she continued, thinking very hard.

“But what plan?,” Liza cried angrily. They were both starting to get impatient dealing with these intruders.

“I’ve got an idea!,” Lily said jumping around with joy. Lily zipped into the pantry leaving behind Liza, who was completely puzzled. Moments later, she appeared with a handful of sticky, brightly-coloured lollies. “Do you think we can lure these bugs out of the house with these treats?” she said with a devious look in her face. They then quickly ran outside and spread the lollies all over the front porch. In an instant, all the bugs came buzzing out.

“It’s working,” Lily shouted happily. As soon as all the bugs were outside, they quickly closed the door.

“Finally we got all the bugs outside,” Liza said exhaustedly. They then put all the things away and went back to sleep. A few minutes later, they were awoken by the sound of buzzing again, this time louder than before.

They both sat up, turned and looked at each other in horror. They forgot to close the windows!


CAITLYN WONG
3K

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!