Safe

?Rain drops slide down the window sill as the morning sun’s rays beam through houses windows, as the birds chirp and dogs bark, as leaves swing through tree branches and clouds move slowly through the sky, neighbours awake and wave to each as checking mail; a family of 3 awake and feels the warm rays of light bash onto their faces as the parents wriggle out of bed and greet each other they walk into a separate room where a baby with soft flawless skin is lying with a fluffy blanket curled up around her they slowly wake her up and she awakes with a smile and a giggle seeing her parents faces. As the morning continued on with smiles and laughter the sun rose further and the day got hotter, as it came to the afternoon the parents headed to work and the baby girl was as day care. The day continued and the family still smiled what they didn’t expect was the wave traveling through the ocean alarms went off and those smiles that the parents had disappeared as soon as they could they grabbed everything; as every family should they had a secure bag of equipment they would need if anything ever happened, so as Mara (mother) headed to get Lucy (baby), David (father) went to get the bag as usual it was right next to the door, so as the family met up once again and the weather started to increase its strength, the wind blew trees harder and harder destroying them with fierce pressure, as buildings were being destroyed and families lost everything this family tried as best as they could to find a good shelter. As David took his innocent family to a shelter underground where few families found refuge. He thought that this was his last days of being with his family sirens whaled, and screaming was loud, water started to leak through the underground base, military men urged families to move back to where it was safer and as everyone inside the bunker moved the water slowed down but the families still held their children and family members with love and care crying as they sat down waiting for everything to calm.
Hours later, the water had stopped and there was crying heard from outside as everyone stood up with smiles on their faces someone opened the hatch door, with a helping hand held out, as David saw light he glimpsed at the stranger helping him out as well as his family with a smile on his face. As David and his family worked their way back to their original home they saw that it was trashed trees in their roofs and a lot of damage but nothing that couldn’t be fixed. As the families helped others they also rebuilt their home and worked towards a new future. This story goes to all the places that have been destroyed and needed help during tough times.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!