Karma Unleashed

Nehemiah lived with his dad. His dad cooked and cleaned for Nehemiah, however Nehemiah was a very ignorant and lazy boy that never did anything.

“THUMP!” The loud noise made Nehemiah leap out of the bed higher than a grasshopper. He rushed to his dads’ room, squinting his eyes as he checked for the time on the bedside clock. He whispered and shook his dad’s shoulder “Dad, aren’t you supposed to be at work?” His dad woke up with a start. “What time is it?” “Time enough to know that you are very late” Nehemiah replied. His dad was out of bed in flash, he hurriedly got ready for work. Before he disappeared out of the door, he groaned to Nehemiah desperately, “Can you please clean the house for me? I’m already late enough for work and I don’t have time to do it!” “Sure! No problem dad” Nehemiah said positively, but he dreaded the task ahead. Shortly after his dad left, Nehemiah thought to himself greedily, “I have plenty of time to clean up. I’m going to go and throw the ball around because dad’s not here, and then I’ll clean up after”. Time flew by quickly and before Nehemiah knew, he heard his dad’s car engine mutter up the driveway as usual. Just as he swung his leg to kick the ball, the ball smashed directly through the window. “Crack!” the window shattered. “Oh My Gosh! What did I just do?!” Quickly, Nehemiah closed the curtain to hide the cracked window. The heavy arm chair made a screechy noise as Nehemiah dragged it over to cover the pieces of glass laying on the carpet. At that moment, dad walked through the door slouching, “Why is it so dark?” he questioned. Nehemiah nervously replied, “I had to pull the curtain across the window so that I could vacuum it.” Dad nodded gratefully and replied “Thank you son,” and went to bed.
Nehemiah quickly rang his friend’s Dad, Mr Fisher. He remembered that Mr Fisher fixed broken windows for a living and asked Mr Fisher if he could fix the broken window before his dad woke up. Nehemiah explained the whole situation and had promised Mr Fisher he would do anything to return the favour. Mr Fisher agreed and rushed over to help. As Mr Fisher started fixing the window, Nehemiah looked around and felt awful for lying and not cleaning the house. He decided to tidy up for Dad, so that his dad didn’t have to do it afterwards. Although Nehemiah hated cleaning, he was so relieved that he never had to do it ever again. When Mr Fisher had finished fixing the window, Nehemiah gratefully asked Mr Fisher what he’d wanted in return. Mr Fisher replied mischievously, “You can clean my house” as he laughed under his breath.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!