Faking Death

I’m Sydney, but my real name’s Sophia...Reason why? I faked my death…Here’s where it started…
“But my grandmother made if for me before she died…” “No one cares about you OR her! Ha!”
“Why does everybody treat me like this?! I didn’t do anything! Nobody will care if I die…”
“Hmm,” I decided to leave a note and wrote down my feelings for my mother to read.
To ‘kill’ myself, I made a dummy and put it in my car. I drove my car next to a river then put the dummy in the driver’s seat. After, I pushed my car into the river, followed by an explosion.
People watched as my car broke into a million pieces. They were screaming and calling 000 as I ran away…
I somehow made it across the country to a boarding school, Galwood High. You guessed it, gals only! What’s cool was that I was the most popular person there.
Soon Galwood was taken down, what’s worse was that my class was forced to move across the country to another boarding school!
As me and my classmates land, we see a group of people with an adult and me hoping that the schools class isn’t the class from my old school, surprise, surprise it was…
The adult introduced herself and her class. She claims to be called Miss Chifley. A goth girl then says,“Can we like, go now?” The teacher was shocked and scolded the goth girl in front of everyone…
1hr later, I arrived at my new school. Finding my new roomie to be the goth girl, which she was annoyed about.
We soon come close and shared secrets. Her name’s Stefani, but she was so close to me she shared some information.
Turns out her real name was Crystal…Crystal…. CRYSTAL?! My old friend? I can’t believe it!
She tells me about her old friend Sophia…How she misses her, that her memorial is in 2 days and that Crystal’s doing a speech for me…I felt so guilty…’Course I excepted her invitation
Soon… It’s the day of the memorial… Crystal’s speech seriously grabbed my attention…
Her kind words made me spin… I couldn’t take it anymore…
“Sophia isn’t dead! I’M Sophia!”
Police cars rolled up as everybody gasped…
I was caged in prison until my trial, with nobody helping me…
The day of the trial…
Judge: Why’d you do this?
Me: Life…Death…Life…DEATH!!!
I grabbed my purse, took out a knife and stabbed myself…Hearing everybody gasp before I fainted made me feel relieved!
The next thing I remember is waking up in the emergency room…The doctor came in and said, “That was quite some trial…The Judge asked me to tell you that you were free, but you need some therapy time.”
“Thank you oh so much! Umm when will I be able to leave?” I asked…
After a year of therapy and about 35 friends, I was free of depression and sadness forever…
Faking Death

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!