Inside The Fridge

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time there lived two small children. Their names were Jane and Jack. They were very adventurous and loved exploring.
One day when there was nothing to do, Jane was opening the fridge when it burst out with golden light. At once they jumped into it. The next moment they found themselves standing in the middle of a candy meadow of lollies.
“Maybe we could eat the grass”, Jane said. “I’ll try it” answered Jack. It tasted like spearmint. “Yum” Jack shouted. Soon they noticed little lollies, popcorn, ice cream, a cookie, and a lolly pop around them.
“Hi” said the lolly pop “I’m Poppy”. Both of the kids jumped.
“Did you just talk?” whispered Jack.
“We can all talk” all the food yelled in unison.
“Can you show us around and can we stay for a bit?” asked Jane.
“Of course” replied the ice cream. “My name is Icey ice cream and I will be your guide”.
“Can I come along too?” said Chippy the cookie.
“Sure you can all come along”.

So off they set with Icey ice cream in front and next to him Chippy and Mac (his best friend, a packet of chips from Maccas) and right behind him was Pop the popcorn, then Poppy the lolly pop, then Cuppy the cupcake and lastly Jack and Jane.

Jack the younger one was a little afraid because once Jane took him on an outback trip and they saw a snake. Jane was so excited she took a picture of the snake and then the snake reacted and bit Jack. He was okay but had to go to hospital.

They were walking through a candy meadow when Jane said “Do you have any vegetables?”
“OMG” said Cuppy cupcake.

“Really, did you just say that” screamed Poppy. “No way get out of here” yelled Chippy. So the children power walked back to the fridge door and jumped through back to their home.

“I hope they forgive us for liking vegetables, they don’t know what they are missing out on!” said Jane. “Come on” yelled Jack, grabbing a piece of broccoli and stepped back into the fridge. “Into the fridge again” squealed Jane, and followed Jack back through the golden light to Lollyland.

“Good to have you back Jack” chirped Pop.

“Can we teach you something?” Jack asked.
“Sure, ok, well uuuuuuuuummmmmm” said the sweets.
“Do you like veggies?” asked Jack
“I like them but they aren’t the best” replied Icey.
Jane encouraged them “Go on, try one”.
So everyone tasted a bit of a broccoli and they really enjoyed it.
“What about next time we bring lots of veggies for you to try” suggested Jane.
“Great idea” they replied.

They agreed to have a big party with fruit and vegetables but they couldn’t miss out on their lovely lollies.

“I love this food” shouted Jack and Jane together.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!