Kevin's Lunch

“Ouch! There goes my lunch,” exclaimed a furry beast from amongst the branches.
Kevin the most feared koala in town. He is mischievous, stubborn and energetic. Today he’s looking for a sandwich. Not just a sandwich but a ham cheese and BBQ sauce sandwich. Only one family eats those sandwiches … (Dun, dun, dunnnnnnn!) …the Vu family. So he crawled to the location of the local picnic grounds and waited for them in a tree. At last it was lunch time and the Vu family always goes to the picnic grounds to eat. He crawled down and tried to steal a sandwich but, luckily Lochie knew he would come so he brought out the tongs and hit Kevin on the nose.
“Ahhhhh! Why can’t I get that stupid sandwich?” shouted Kevin. “Hmmmm, I know what to do!” He thought. He muttered to himself for 20 long minutes. His plan is to plunged in on a hang glider made out of sticks and bark, he held on and leaped off the tree, glided towards the sandwich, reached out his hand to try to grab it but failed because his hands were too short. At the same time Kevin’s hang glider landed on a nearby BBQ so Kevin’s feet got scorched.
“My nose hurts and my feet are burnt,” sobbed Kevin up in a big bushy gum tree. After 10 minutes of thinking, “Aha, I have a perfect plan. It involves an echidna.” “Bring, Bring, Bring” went Kevin’s cell phone. Someone answered in a harsh manner “Hello, who is it, I’m on a strict schedule!” exclaimed Eddy (an echidna). Kevin told his maniacal plan to Eddy. Not long after that Eddy came charging rapidly like a speeding torpedo towards Ella. She knew that echidna needles are poisonous and if you were pricked you would become sick in the next week. Ella was so scared she released her ham, cheese and BBQ sauce sandwich on the ground and speedily ran away. He (Eddy) seized the lunch and hauled it away towards Kevin who hungrily, happily and impatiently ate it for lunch. Which meant he got his sandwich. After that Kevin thanked Eddy and went to his snuggly gum tree. Kevin’s bed was so comfy that when he flopped down on his bed he feel asleep instantly. He dreamed of unicorns, rainbows and candyfloss. The next morning he was craving a pizza a hot, cheesy, mushrooms and ham pizza. Then the whole story started again but with pizza!!!!!
DUN! DUUN! DUUUUUN!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!