Enchanted

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition


“Bella, it’s time for school,” shouted mum. Bella flung her school bag onto her back and quickly ran out the door. Bella was about half way along when she heard this strange buzzing noise. It was a little angel hovering above her. Bella followed it.
Bella’s best friends Emma, Ruby, Chelsea and Lilly popped up in front of her.
“Hi Bella what are you doing?” asked Emma.
“Well, I heard this strange buzzing and it stopped right here where I am standing,” Bella said looking around curiously.
“Can we come with you Bella?” asked Emma.
Bella took one step forward and the buzzing noise continued, they followed until the angel landed on a mushroom. Bella and her best friends were shocked when the angel disappeared! They stared at the mushroom so much they were drawn towards it and finally they disappeared… into a fairy kingdom!
“Where are we?” whispered Emma.
In front of them were two little thrones with two tiny fairies in front of many magical trees. “We are King Admire and Queen Sugarplum, welcome to the fairy kingdom.”
A wizard magically appeared from the edge of the enchanted forest. The wizard stated, “Come, I will show you how to make magic potions”.
The friends followed him, they were keen to take up the wizard’s kind offer to learn how to make potions. They giggled as they looked around at the strange bottles and jars. Bella tried to make a potion but in her hurry, she left out the key ingredient!
Suddenly a big black hole appeared in front of them!
“HELP! WIZARD HELP!” Bella shouted. The wizard shuffled towards the black hole.
“Good grief!” shouted the wizard. “Quick the demons are coming out. Grab the ingredients!” The girls grabbed them and finally the potion was made. The wizard commanded them to run past the woods, past the flurry of snow, past the ring of fire and last of all they were to run to the magical trees. There in front of them were the demons! They had to get to the King and Queen, they had to pour the potion on them.
Emma and Ruby tiptoed forward with the pink mixture and threw it at the king and queen. The wizard had warned that it would take five minutes to make the potion work.
The wizard ran with the girls towards the cave where they huddled together and sang a fairy song to protect them. Finally they looked out and saw the king and queen and the townspeople. The wizard’s potion had worked! They were now safe and sound.
“Thanks for the visit,” the friends said all together as the little angel appeared. She waved her fairy dust and they disappeared.
The friends looked at the time. They were not late for school their backpacks were still waiting for them on the grass. They were not late at all.
“Did that really happen? Did we just visit a fairy kingdom?” Bella whispered.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!