Sam The Pointer Dog

I have a dog named Sam. Sam is a brown and white. One morning Dad came into my room to get Sam to go duck hunting. Later that day after school I ran inside to play with Sam. I ran up to mum and threw my bag on the ground and I said to mum “Were is Sam, mum?” She said that he was still with dad. I went to the lounge room and watched some TV until dad got back. I ran to the window then I saw dad's car. I ran to the door then mum said to me to stay inside. She ran outside and was talking to dad. I couldn’t see Sam. Mum came back inside and said that Sam had got in the way of the gun and was shot in the leg and that dad was taking him to the vet. I ran to my room and slammed the door. I walked around my room for a few minutes and then I laid on my bed then eventually fell asleep. A few hours later mum yelled out "Ben come and look at this!" I flew out of bed and ran into the kitchen where mum was standing then I looked at what was lying near the fire. It was Sam. I burst into tears as I walked over to him.
"Are you okay boy?" I said to him. He lifted his head and licked my face as if to say yes. I laid with him until tea was ready. When tea was ready I sat at the table then mum said that if I eat all my tea then Sam can sleep in my room in a box on the floor near the heater. As I ate my tea I kept a good eye on Sam to make sure he was okay.
"Did you do your homework?" mum said as I put my plate in the sink.
"No," I said.
She said "go do your homework then we will come and put Sam in there okay?"
"Yes," I said as I started walking to my room. About an hour later I came out and showed mum my homework. She said to put it in my bag so I ran and put it in my bag then I had a shower then I asked mum if Sam could come to bed now and she said yes. When Sam was asleep I went to sleep. The next morning I heard someone in my room so I woke up and sat up and seen dad putting a sheet over where Sam was. I asked him what he was doing and dad said that Sam had gone to heaven. I ran to Sam. Dad said that he had bled too much and died. We buried him in the back yard with his toys and a picture of me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!