Never Give Up On Your Dreams

“No matter what your dreams are just follow them, just follow them...” The voices drifted peacefully out of the music room getting quieter as Lily stepped further and further away.

As Lily curved around the bend she saw her old BFF with her new "friends”. “Jemima,” she yells down the corridor. Jemima didn't turn her head to look, but her “friends” started asking her things like “is something wrong”, “do you need a drink?” “No,” said Jemima and tossed her brown hair and walked on. She had been acting this way for some time. Actually, it was since she had rescued her little brother Tony from falling off the fence. Tears form in Lily's eyes. ‘Ding- dong’ the bell goes, Lily runs past the teachers who were outside watching.

Lily walks to the school playground, her gaze flicks around the buildings. Lily runs to a crevice in the school building that she has never seen before. There’s a passage leading down underneath the school building. An old lamp swinging silently catchers her eye. Lily walks around the corner where a big stone rests, she goes over to it and lays down beside it, tiredly.

She shot into Jemima’s thoughts, “when is the best time to desert my new friends, I miss Lily.” She woke up with a start, yet something pulled her back down, it was a kind faced woman. She held out her hand and in it was a very bright red stone which she offered. Lily took it and woke up fully this time. Pulling herself up she slowly trudged to the playground but there was nobody to be seen. Lily turned herself in a full circle, the bell must have rung thought Lily, she sprinted back to class but it was too late…

Puffing madly, Lily pushed open a door, the sign said Maths 9a

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?” Yelled the teacher, i-i-ii-i—i-i-i- “IT IS WAY PAST BELL!” “SIT DOWN IN YOUR SEAT AND ITS 50 POINTS FROM YOUR HOUSE SCORE!”
Lily could feel Jemima glaring at her, but she was not doing it for long. The door creaked again and Jemima’s “friends” pushed their way into the classroom. Jemima stood up and yelled “YOU WILL NOT BOTHER ME AGAIN! I NEVER AGAIN LIKED YOU! I WANT LILY AS A FRIEND “Me” Lily said quietly, “yes you” exclaimed Jemima.


2 weeks later
“Lily it’s for you” her Mum called and Lily ran for the phone. “Hello it’s Lily, speaking, Hello Jemima, how are you?” “Good” came the reply, “I was wondering if you would like to go for a horse ride.” “Sure” said Lily happily.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!