Hulo

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Wondre, Zaint and I were best friends. We all came from an ancient land called Hulo. We are in Africa now for a horror attack. Evil Egyptians and Romans discovered about our land ‘Hulo’. They took all our valuables. Our parents sent us away from home and now we are here. That war was in the late 1940's, so who cares now, well we care. We loved our parents and missed them too. Who knows if they are still alive?
We are in university, and we learned that Egypt and Roman were the best place because of its people. I bet you can guess what we did. We shouted, “NO and that is not true." We had detention and went back home. Zaint secretly worked with an Egyptian named Max who was his friend since kindy. He told us we can believe him. So that is what we did. Now, life became boring until...
Wondre had a great idea. ''We could build a jet to go to the best place Hulo!” cried Wondre excitedly. Wondre was a technology expert so he built it by himself. "It’s Egyptian style, so you can fly in it Max," Wondre said. Max used to be a pilot so he agreed. We got into the jet and three, two, one and BROOM!!! We went off into the glorious sky. We finally reached our home! Everyone recognised us except Max. The Hulonian people said I was the son of the King and Queen and they were alive, I was sad and happy at the same time! But my father told me the Romans are coming for war. There was no time to waste.
I had an idea but I didn't want to freak out everyone. I thought of a way to be friends with the Romans. The war had begun, but I said to stop before all the shooting begun. I said loudly, "Why do we have to be enemies? Why can't we be friends like Zaint and Max? Why?" Everyone was silent and the silence was broken by the Roman Captain. "I was asking the same question. So what are we waiting for? I declare we are all best friends. We all shall live in harmony." The Romans say sorry and we forgive them. We are the best of friends for now and forever!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!