Lily And Swirly

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Welcome
Hello, Welcome to the Dragon city… If you are in this city, you need to have a dragon from the Dragon shops.
Lily is living with her family in the Dragon city...
Lily’s Pet Dragon
Our friend is Lily. And she has a pet dragon. Her name is Swirly. Swirly got her name, because, she has swirls on the wings.
One rainy day, Lily and her pet dragon were asleep in the bed. Because, they were really sleepy…!
Swirly sleeps next to Lily’s room, in a huge bed. There is a door from her room to Swirly’s room. Swirly is thirteen years old. Lily is just six years old. She always takes some cushions to Swirly’s room, for her loving friend to sleep comfortably.
Lily’s School
One sunny morning, Lily was going to school. Lily is very very shy at the school. Lily told her mum to take Swirly to the park, because, Swirly needs to play.
Lily has three nice friends Katy, Ben and Nelly. She has her first swimming lesson today and, she is going in the water slide… WOW!
She was very excited for swimming lessons, because, she loves swimming. But… She is SHY!!
How to swim… If she had Swirly… Lily thought, sitting in the pool. She couldn’t swim much, only shy and slow…
Now, Lily’ swimming lessons are finished and had a big big day. Poor Lily is going home. She wants to be confident. Even friends cannot help.
Ghost Friends
In the stormy night, Lily couldn’t go to sleep. At midnight, Lily came to Swirly’s room to see if Swirly was okay.
Swirly was okay… but she was surrounded by GHOSTS…! Lily told Swirly to run away, but, Swirly didn’t run away. She said, “The ghosts are my friends. I met them at the park.” There were 3 ghosts. Their names were Spooky, Doom and Fear. Lily shared her problem… Shyness…
Spooky said, “Let’s do a concert?” Lily happily joined them. They all had fun playing together.
Next morning, Lily got up for a day without shyness…
“Thank you my Swirly and friendly Ghosts,” Lily said.
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!