Race

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“You have an awesome car!” said Tom as he was driving his Ford GT. Fred was driving a McLaren P1 and Zack was driving a BMW M1.
They were all getting ready for the race tomorrow. It was a race that was really difficult drive on. There was 1 race per year.
“Is your car ready Zack?” Fred asked. “It’s ready,” replied Zack. They all had expensive cars, but they were still anxious about the race. “Do you think we’re going to win?” asked Tom. They were all not sure.
It was sunset, the three drivers decided to go for a test drive.
When it was getting dark, Zack heard a sound from a forest that was next to the area that they were driving. “What was that?” said Zack. Fred and Tom stopped driving and went to Zack. “What is it Zack?” asked Fred. Zack got out of his car. “I heard a sound from that forest,” Zack replied.
They all agreed to have a look in the forest. They cautiously crept into the forest. It was dark and gloomy in the forest.
“I heard something!” said Fred. They all looked around. There was nothing. “What is it?” asked Tom. Then out of nowhere, a huge boulder the size of a house was rolling straight at them! “RUN!” they all shouted.
After a few minutes, the boulder went smashing in another direction. “That was close,” said Zack. “Now that the boulder is gone, does anybody know the way back?” asked Fred. The three of them knew they were lost.
“I think that tree looks familiar,” said Zack. They kept on following Zack as he told them the things that looked familiar to him. They finally found the way out of the forest.
“I thought we’d be lost forever!” said Tom relieved.
“It’s just a few hours until the race starts!” said Fred. Tom went in his Ford GT, Fred went in his McLaren P1 and Zack got in his BMW M1. “Do you think we’ll make it in time?” asked Zack. “I’m sure,” said Tom.
After an hour, they made it to the race. “We made it!” said Zack. The place was really loud! Everyone was cheering and clapping. After a few minutes, all the competitors waited for the race to start. The light was red, then it was yellow, then the race started!
All the cars made a thunderous sound as they headed for top speed. Right now Fred was in the lead! Then an Audi took his spot. “Hey!” Fred shouted.
Tom was third place, Zack was fourth place and Fred was first. Fred managed to take his spot back. Tom was driving at 280 kilometres an hour! Then a Lexus scraped Tom’s Ford GT. Tom’s Ford GT spun out! But he got back in the race after a minute. After an hour, the race finished and Zack won it! And he got to keep the trophy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!