I Didn't Run Fast Enough...

I'm scared...
I'm running the fastest i ever have yet,its still not fast enough.
It feels as if something something is pulling me back,dragging me away...

My long, knotty, raggedy hair tries to catch up.

My tears run so fast that even the rough wind is having trouble catching up, as i keep running i hear this loud,booming music, my heart's beating at such an incredibly fast pace, and there's nothing i can do too stop it.
i keep running, faster and at a much quicker pace this time, trying hard to escape this terrible nightmare.

But i can't, i can't run fast enough to escape this nightmare,i fall to my knees in despair,confusion and anger, I hit my fists on the grass, I've had enough, i close my eyes, put my hands to my face.

When i awake, i see a group of people with gloom smeared across their faces.
I look to see what they're crowding over, i see a girl,frozen stone faced and with her long, knotty, raggedy hair. She's covered with all sorts of tubes and machines hooked up to her shes so frail, so fragile. I see a beautiful, worried looking women look at someone and shake her head, straight after i see everyone start to take tubes out. I turn to the window not able too look anymore. i look at my long, knotty, and raggedy hair.

I hear the loud music again but this time my heart doesn't beat uncontrollably but instead it beats in exact sync with the music...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!