Journey To The Trilobites

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“A long time ago there was a type of animal called a trilobite. Do you want to know how long ago they lived?” asked Morgen one day.
“Certainly,” said Paxton.
“They lived 420,000,000 years ago,” said Morgen.
“That is a long time ago,” said Paxton.
“Yes,” said Morgen impatiently because she wanted to get on her new time machine and go back in time. But she had to wait because Paxton had too many questions that she had to answer.
“Trilobites are one of the oldest animal fossils which were ever found,” said Morgen to Paxton. Paxton hesitated. Then Morgen asked, “Do you know how trilobites were named?” “No,” said Paxton. “Then,” said Morgen, “I will tell you.”
“Trilobites have three straight lobes on their shells and tri means three. Trilobites lived under the sea. They are related to modern crustaceans, like shrimps, crabs and lobsters. Trilobites could be the first big sea animals to live. Do you want to go back in time? I can take you, Paxton. Here is my time machine.”
“Cool,” said Paxton.
“How far back in time do you want to go? 4,000,000 years?” asked Morgen.
“No,” said Paxton, “I think we should go 420,000,000 years ago so we can see the trilobites, should we Morgen? Ok then, let’s go! Whoopee!” yelled Paxton. “Now are we under the sea which in our time is just a block of ice?”
“Yes. Look, there is a trilobite crawling on the sea floor. How wonderful! How many legs do you see?”
“20.”
“And how many antennae?”
“Two! Hey, there is a cave. Let’s go inside!” said Paxton. “Look… oh no, a rock fell over the entrance! We’re trapped! It was your stupid idea to go into the cave in which we’re stuck forever!!!” yelled Paxton.
“We’re doomed! Let’s get out of here now!!!” yelled Morgen.
“You go out and I will stay and die a peaceful death,” said Paxton, but Morgen insisted and pulled Paxton to the time machine. And they rode to the 21st century and told the people that lived nearby what happened in the past. People listened and listened until the story was over and then there was so much applauding that I could not hear myself talking. After that, everybody went home happy and were also wanting to go back in time as Morgen and Paxton did.
Morgen and Paxton had drifted off to sleep and were dreaming a dream that just now the story ended a peaceful end. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!