The Future

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“More metal please!’’ ordered Mia. Mia and her friends Molly and Millie were building a time machine. “We’ve finally finished,” Millie said proudly. Then Molly leaned on a button on the time machine. It started to make funny noises. The time machine started spinning around. It sucked the girls up while spinning.
Then the time machine started floating down. Then it parks itself on the ground. “This thing says we’re 100 years in the future,” says Molly jiggling with excitement. The girls start to get out. A cloud comes down as quick as a cheetah. “Get on that cloud!’’ exclaims Mia. They get on the cloud. It goes all around the place until it slows down. “I think it’s going to land,’’ Millie yells. Millie was right, the cloud slowly drifted down to the ground.
“Hello” say two strange voices. The girls turn around, and they see two figures.
The two figures look like robots, but also like humans. “Who are you?” asks Millie curiously. While Millie is talking, Mia and Molly are scanning them head to toe. “I am Lisa-bot,” says the voice. “And I’m Ben-bot,” continues the other voice. “Who are you?” asks Lisa-bot. “I’m Millie, these are my friends Molly and Mia,” replies Millie kindly. Mia is wondering if they are robots. “Will you help us?” questions Ben-bot. “Help you with what?” asks Mia. “Help us to get to the other side of the border,” answers Ben-bot. Molly is confused. “We want to get there to visit our friends,” says Lisa-bot. “But it needs five people to complete a challenge,” continues Ben-bot. They start to run down to the border.
There is a sign there. “It says we need to climb the rock wall, swim in robotic water for 100 meters and then make a play,” says Lisa-bot anxiously.
They start to climb the rock wall together. Ben-bot slips but luckily, they grab him. When they finish they start swimming. Millie slows down but Lisa-bot grabs her and makes her go faster. Once they finish, they start thinking of a play. Mia says, “We could do what we just did?” Finally, after heaps of hard work they finish the challenge. Suddenly something comes swooping down.
“It’s our time machine!” says Molly. “I think we need to get going now,” says Mia in a sad voice. “I don’t want to go,” says Millie feeling upset. After some hard work, Molly convinces Millie to come with them. “Souvenir selfie and hug!” exclaims Mia. Everyone takes a photo and hug. “Goodbye, it was really fun meeting you,” says Lisa-bot and Ben-bot.
The girls get in their time machine and safely go home. They plan to write a story about their journey later on, but now they’re going to sleep. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!