Froggity

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One day there lived a frog called Froggity. Froggity was a playful and happy young frog, who lived with his friends Jack Possum, Andy Kookaburra and Joe Lizard. They lived by a swamp, which was joined by a nourishing pond, lightly shaded by the branches of a eucalyptus tree. Jack Possum was an adventurous climber and often came back to the swamp all dirty with tales to tell the others. Andy Kookaburra was a very particular lad, always pointing out what his friends could improve on. The others liked to hear what they could improve about themselves and enjoyed the racket he made each morning to wake them for breakfast. Joe Lizard was a slithery character with a good sense of humour. He did tend to boast about his looks and spent all day sunbathing in the nice cool grass nearby. Froggity was a one of a kind sort of frog and enjoyed the great times that he had with Jack Possum, Andy Kookaburra and Joe Lizard.
One sunny day he was jumping about, minding his own business when all of the water in the pond by his swamp started swirling around in a menacing whirlpool. Froggity was sucked into it and transported to a place called The Middle of Nowhere. He found himself suddenly altogether lost. When Froggity awoke and realised he was in a cloudy place without his friends and without his swamp, he became a sad and lonely young frog. He searched and searched and searched to find his way back to his wonderful muddy swamp, but he could not find his way because The Middle of Nowhere was purely clouds upon clouds.
Suddenly a lone wolf popped out of a patch of cloud and said quite simply, “Hello”. Froggity was positively startled. Wolf the Great had a thick dark grey coat of fur and a cowlick styled on his forehead. He looked at his reflection a great deal in the velvety, magical clouds. Froggity asked the wolf “What is your name?” The wolf replied “Wolf the Great.” Froggity was pleased to have met a great creature that may be able to help him on his journey back home. Froggity said to Wolf the Great “Could you please help me to find my friends? I am unhappy and lonely.” The wolf answered “I guess I can help you. I am also unhappy and lonely. I will come back with you.”
Wolf the Great had magical eyes that could see the path back to Froggity’s home and his beloved friends. Froggity and Wolf the Great embarked on their journey back to the swamp, the pond, the tree and his friends. They carefully teleported through the clouds, back home. Jack Possum, Andy Kookaburra and Joe Lizard were all relieved and cheerful when they saw Froggity and the magical wolf appear. Wolf the Great decided to be the animals’ protector and friend. They all had a midnight feast and celebrated.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!