I Am A Drought

My soul stretches and spreads over the far, vast horizon. My anger is my blood, creating veins in the Earth, fractures. The rage I hold is unbearable, yet I still allow it to course through my soul. I wish I was not something with one terrible purpose, to wither this land. This makes me angry but-but I provide a home for creatures that need me to survive. I still hurt them sometimes. It’s not my fault. Am I something that is meant to harm? Or heal? Different emotions surge through me, emotions that do not match. This makes me angry yet again. When water comes and covers a part of my soul I feel hope, hope that I will flourish and become different. I do not flourish. The water is not enough for me. Rage and anger overwhelms it. I need help. Please. I do not wish to suffer any longer but I must endure. Endure until I change. For this is who I am!
I am a drought!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!