Wanderer!!

Wandering alone Thomas Edgerly clutched his treasure as though it were a newborn baby. It was a hard journey, walking in Germany, 1940. Behind him he heard a distinct noise of a twig SNAP! He turned around to see a small, athletic boy crouched behind a typical, green German bush.
"Who are you to think you can follow me?" Thomas rudely staggered. The boy ducked behind the bush terrified of the intimidating, tall boy in front of him. Thomas stared down and yelled "TELL ME YOUR NAME AND ANSWER ME YOU LITTLE BRAT!"
Confused the young boy mumbled "M-my n-name i-is - "
"SPEAK UP YOU IMBECILE! NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU WHEN YOUR MUMBLING!" Thomas furiously cut in.
The boy gulped. "T-t i-i m-m."
"TIM! WELL THAT JUST ABOUT SAYS HOW MUCH OF A NUISANCE YOU ARE!" Thomas shouted, "NOW GO AWAY YOU LITTLE ANNOYANCE!"
Tim sprinted past Thomas nearly knocking him off his feet. "WHY YOU LITTLE - " Thomas began as he ran after Tim, but how ever much he tried he couldn't catch him.
Unknowingly they had stumbled into their worst fear. Thomas slowed down, he was never going to catch up with the energetic boy, Tim. Tim peered back and saw that Thomas had slowed down, so decided not to waste his energy.
All of a sudden they heard a deafening boom and found themselves cowardly crouching down. There was an ear-splitting scream and the next thing they knew a soldier was lying dead on the ground between them.
Another bang rang through their ears as a bullet flew through the air like a prisoner who had just been released from jail. Thomas’s eyes peaked through a fallen tree trunk to see if the gun shots were over. He only saw more silver bullets and soldiers dropping like flies.
Suddenly, Thomas decided to sprint out from behind the tree and hold his treasure up in front of him as though it were a shield. Tim wanted to get out of this place so he ran after Thomas to catch up.
Without warning a bullet came hurtled towards them at a swift pace. Thomas reflected it back with his beloved treasure only to see the treasure go explode everywhere. More ammunition was fired at them and they dashed as quick as a flash dodging bullets they came across.
They had nearly made it out of the war zone when a rogue bullet was accidentally fired their way. Tim saw it coming so did a perfect summersault over it. But the bullet hadn't finished its work. Thomas didn't have as good eyesight as Tim and fell to the ground in agony. Tim dragged Thomas’s body a safe distance from the war. Tim examined the wound and saw what he didn't think was possible.
Next to Tom's wound was the same birthmark that had been passed down in Tim's family for generations. He lay down before his long lost brother as tears flooded his face. Vivid memories filled his head that he never seen before. They showed all the fun times he and Thomas had had when they were younger. But they could never be together again.

From that daunting day onwards Tim was always extremely cautious and never wandered alone again. He always made sure he was safe and so was everyone around him. He was never the same again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!