Jack & The Mighty Football

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Hi I am Jack.
I am on a footy adventure. On Saturday, I am going to play a footy match.
I am training in my back yard with my brother. I love my brother because he teaches me some tricks because he plays footy too.
There is one more sleep until I am playing the game.
Yay! Yay! It's game day. I just woke up from bed and I put on my footy socks and boots and footy jersey and shorts. I am ready! My mum takes me to the footy match in her car.
The coach talks to us and then the game is ready for the first bounce. The other team gets the ball, they pass it to their mates but . . . my team mate tackled him, yay, it was holding the ball. It was our free kick and he kicked it to me and I got a goal. Yes! It was quarter time and it was 18 to 24, our team was on 18, we were loosing. It was the second quarter, the other team kicked another goal. We were still loosing. It was now the third quarter and we had caught up, the score was 99 to 99.
There was only minutes on the clock. We kicked a goal, yes! We were winning by 6 points. The other team kicked 2 goals, they are in front. The siren goes . . . they won.
All of my team mates came to my house to train for the next game. Training was going really well.
Guess what, it was game day again. The siren went to start the game, we kicked 2 goals in a row in the first quarter and the game was close. Third quarter started and the other team was catching up and the other team kicked a goal. The score was 56 to 50, then the other team kicked another goal. It was a draw. The siren went for the last quarter, yes! we kicked another goal and the score was 62 to 50, yes! we were winning. There was 2 more minutes on the clock and they kicked a goal, it was 62 to 56 with only seconds on the clock. It was in our forwardline and I took a mark and lined up to kick a goal. Yes! we won and I was so happy and together with my teammates we jumped and screamed.
We are ready for a winning season.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!