The Fight

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

There once lived a man called Lenex Liklyly. He was an adventurous man. One day, his best friend Rodley came to visit him, as they were talking he mentioned about a mysterious creature living in the forest. . He had heard that it was a snake. But the snake was actually protecting a treasure inside the forest. A lot of people tried to find the treasure, but no one ever got close. They always fought with each other and never succeeded in finding the treasure.

Lenex didn't like the sound of it. He was curious he went to the Queen and informed her of his decision to find this mysterious creature and the treasure. He was thrilled when the queen approved. He prepared himself for his journey.

The next day as he was walking into the forest he saw a swamp, he wondered if there was anything hiding in the swamp. As he bent down, he slipped and fell into the swamp. He cried for help. He heard a friendly voice say I'll help you. A small creature appeared, although it was small it has muscles like mountains. It lifted Lenex out of the swamp. Suddenly Lenex realized it was a Lizard and this was the creature that the entire town was fighting about.

When Lenex talked to the lizard he realised that the lizard was living in the swamp for generations and there was no treasure. He requested the lizard to come with him to the palace and present himself in front of the queen.

Once they reached the palace they met the queen and explained everything that happened. The queen realized that the people in the kingdom were getting into fights and argument over nothing and asked them to stop immediately and get on with their daily chores.
All those who got into fights apologized t each other and lived happily ever after.

Moral: Don't believe everything you hear and see always investigate and understand before coming to conclusions.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!