Time Disaster

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“What’s behind that door?” The words on everybody’s mind. “Do you want to sneak in the room after school?” Questioned Roby, “I have stolen the key”. “How?” Liam asked. “Well, I snuck into the key room and stole it” laughed Roby.
“Finally, schools over we can go in that room now,” whispered Liam. Liam got the key off Roby and unlocked the door. “Whoa it’s a time machine!” yelled Roby in amazement. “Shall we?” Asked Liam. “Yes, let’s go” replied Roby. They entered the time machine. “Past or future” asked the cool voice. “Future!” yelled both. Then in the speed of light they went whooshing into the future.
When they arrived, Liam threw open the door and jumped out. He was amazed and pumped at what he saw. It was an appealing, peaceful and golden place. They looked at the time machine, smoke was coming out of the engine. “Oh no! It’s broken” cried Roby.
Liam knew how to fix things because his dad was an engineer and he learned from him. “The engines broken” exclaimed Liam. “How can we fix it?” Asked Roby. “I can’t fix it without tools,” replied Liam. “Let’s go find some,” said Roby.
They walked out into the street to try to find someone to help, but no one would listen or didn’t even care about it at all. Everyone was going about their busy life. “Know what?” Asked Roby, “we will find the tools our self,” replied Liam. Hours later, “I found a tool box” shouted Liam.
It was starting to get foggy. “How do you use them. Everything is different from our time to the future?” Moaned Roby. “I don’t know,” replied Liam, looking at the tools all confused, “what is this for” holding a long stick looking like tool.
Suddenly a shadow appeared in the fog. “Come on get behind me,” whispered Liam in a shaky scared voice. Roby stood behind Liam and the man came out of the fog. “Who are you?” Liam yelled a little bravely. “My name is Zak,” said the man, “I have been watching you from behind the wall since you have arrived.”
“Why?” asked Liam. “I was walking by and I noticed a bright flash of light. I came here to the ally to check it out and saw you. Where did you come from?” inquired Zak. “We came from the past in this time machine” answered Roby, “but when we got here it broke and now we are stuck”.
“Can you help us fix this time machine?” Asked Liam. “Of course, I can!” replied the man. Zak explained what each tool was and helped fixing the time machine. “Thanks,” said Liam and Roby, as they got into the time machine. “Your welcome,” replied Zak. Roby pushed the button, and they waved to Zak as the time machine went back to their own time.
“Well, I’m never going inside that room again” said Roby. “No, we won’t” replied Liam as he locked the door.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!