The Guinea Pig Escape

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"OMG, they have left me", George cried. "What should I do?" he thought. Then he had an idea! He decided to make a plan, but he could not think of one. He walked around and around the large Guinea pig cage. "But of course!” he exclaimed excitedly skittering around the hutch, "I could just tunnel my way out!"
The next day he started to excavate a tunnel that went under the edge of the hutch and came out next to the apple tree. When he came out of the tunnel, the sun burnt his eyes. He started to walk around the backyard looking for a gate, when abruptly he heard a dog bark. Looking behind him, there was a large Dalmation sniffing towards him. The chase was on! "Eek!" George cried, then he saw the gate. It was metal with holes in it. He jumped through the gate and escaped. The dog hit his head on the gate. KLANG!
He went around the neighbours bins, along the walls, over the grass and his last challenge yet, the street crossing. Luckily, there were lights so he could easily walk across. He started to walk across, but the lights changed to red. George froze, a car went over him. "Those fumes stink,” George cried. He ran to the other side.
"Oh, look that's the place where my owners get those tasty veggie biscuits. I'm going there right away." He ran to the shop. He managed to get into the store without getting seen. George immediately sniffed out the veggie biscuits. Meanwhile Lola, the shopkeeper, heard banging and clattering coming from the veggie aisle. She was very surprised to see the guinea pig from up the street. George was very confused: "Who is this person?" he thought. Lola grabbed George and called the Beechey family. She said that she would keep him until they came back.
Finally the Beechy family came back home and they said they had a surprise for George. They said they felt guilty for leaving him home without food. They had bought him a beautiful guinea pig named Stella. George always got lots and lots of food and water when the family went on a holiday. Stella kept him company!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!