The New Unicorn

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“Janise hurry up your going to be late for school.” I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and then I threw my bag down the last couple of stairs left. I ran outside to see that I had a different bus driver today not the usual one. The mysterious bus driver started driving when I got in to the bus then he headed a different direction towards the meadow. I hopped out when he stopped the bus then without saying anything else, the bus just vanished into thin air, just like that. I got scared and felt like something was watching me and I could hear footsteps behind me. I turned around and on the corner of my eye saw a gold streak of hair then on the corner of my other eye, I saw another gold streak, but with black in it this time. I was curious to see what I saw so I went to the direction that I saw the hair. I started to walk backwards but then I bumped into something soft and it jumped and made a loud neigh noise. I turned around to see that I had just bumped into a gold and black unicorn. It had gold hair with jet black streaks and it had a gold body with a black nose, black hooves and a black patch on its eye and the side of its butt. The unicorn got startled then it hid behind a tree. I called out and said that I wouldn’t hurt it and it trusted me and came out. The unicorn slowly walked over to me then nudged me in the arm with its wet, beautiful, soft nose. “Hi I am Janise, who are you?” Well then the unicorn took over, “I am Keisha, I am a Princess unicorn, but I am new here.” I sat down on a rock then started to listen to Keisha. “I need to go to Unicorn Valley, it is a secret portal that opens when a unicorn approaches it,” Keisha whispered in my ear so nobody else heard. “Wait I saw some teal and aqua earlier, maybe we should head in that direction towards the portal? I said. Keisha agreed and we headed towards the location where I saw the aqua and teal. It took Keisha and I 10 minutes to head to that location and a gigantic electric blue with a tad of electric pink portal opened for Keisha. Keisha was scared to go in, but she said she knows a couple of fiends so she will be fine. I started to walk home by myself but then Keisha called out, “Hey Janise, the bus driver was the unicorn keeper, he looks after us and if you are good, he will come back to drop you off here again bye.” I was really happy then I turned around ran over to Keisha then gave Keisha a big hug and ran back to the bus.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!