War In 1961

WAR IN 1961
All that could be heard was gunshots, Sargent’s yelling commands to his or her soldiers, the thump of soldiers that drop down dead or injured and the sound of approaching footsteps, the branches snapping under the weight of approaching soldiers. This was what war was really like. In this war, it was the Irish against the American’s.

Commander XRX approached a man who was sitting in the trench, all alone with a blanket covering him, shivering.
“Why aren’t you out there fighting for your country and protecting it from those bleeding Americans?” Boomed Commander XRX.
“I-I-It’s nearly over, and I h-h-have broken my l-l-leg sir,” stammered the man.
“When I was a young man fighting in world war II, I broke my leg and that didn’t stop me!” Replied the Commander.
Suddenly a flying disk flew down to earth and stayed there hovering a few meters above the ground, UV rays came from the flying disk, just reaching the ground. The next weird thing to happen was that an old, rusty, titanium grey ute came down the UV rays. When the ute reached the ground, two long, slimy, navy blue tentacles knocked out the front wheels, then the back ones and it slid its tentacles through the holes where the tyres used to be and stood up. By now the war had stopped, to watch.
“Get me a tranquilizer dart, now!” Ordered Commander XRX.
Sargent MZM handed the Commander a special gun and a tranquilizer dart, he put in the gun, took aim and fired. It hit the creature right in the tentacle, suddenly the creature collapsed in a deep sleep.
“Bullseye!” Cried the Commander.
He and a couple of the soldiers went out and dragged the creature back to the trench. There he was brain washed by a scientist with a couple of magical gestures. As for the space ship, it flew off. The mysterious creature sprang into life, and started putting cannon balls into the cannons and firing them over and over again, until there were only 100 American’s fighting. The soldiers were too busy shooting their guns they had forgot they also had cannons. You see the scientist that brain washed the creature brain washed him into thinking he was a soldier.

When there were only 86 people alive they finally waved the white flag signalling they had surrendered their lives. The Irish had won and it was all thanks to the mysterious creature. They all walked through the city proud, happy and amazed.

As for the creature, he lived happily with the scientists in a massive lab.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!