Gallipoli Soil

On Gallipoli soil, looking up their hearts sunk.
Bullets flying through the air, knocking soldiers to the ground.
Enemy soldiers at the top of the hill, too steep to climb.
Fear of death enveloped each ANZAC.
Their hope lost as the ground covered in bodies.
Out of energy, wanting to go home, they continued to fight for their people.
BANG! CRASH! The smell of blood filled the air.
They called a truce.
It had gone quiet as they buried the dead.
They started to fight once more.
Both countries not wanting to die, not wanting to kill.
Just wanting it to be over, wanting to go home.
When night fell, they had planned to go home.
They said bye to Gallipoli soil and bye to the dead, never to awake again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!