KSS (Kid Spy Squad)

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I was running as fast as I could when I looked down at my watch. “Oh no!” I thought. It was 7:58 in the morning and my meeting was going to start in two minutes! I arrived at the gate with only 30 seconds to spare! “Password!” ordered the robotic security guard.
“Shoulder barge,” I said hurriedly. Thankfully, the gate opened and I sprinted into the building. “Please don’t be late, ” I told myself as I ran down the corridor. I turned the corner and saw Virginia standing at the door to the meeting room.

“What are you doing here Aaron?” she asked.
“ I..I…..I need to inform you that Hecton has captured twelve innocent people!” I stuttered.
“Calm down Aaron, we have ten of our finest spies tracking him down as we speak. Go home, relax and maybe watch some TV” reassured Virginia.
“But you need me here, it’s a Friday and Callam isn’t here today!” I snapped.
“Aaron, it’s Saturday, you don’t have to work today!” chuckled Virginia.
“Are you telling me that I tried so hard to come here on time and it’s a Saturday?” I shouted so loudly, that if there was a ‘make the loudest noise’ competition I would have won - even against a howler monkey with a Microphone!
“Yes,” laughed Virginia, “for such an amazing spy you’re terrible at reading a calendar!”
“Sorry, and I thought March was the month I was finally going to become organised”, I replied.
“Aaron, honestly, are you serious? It's February!”
“Oh I’ll go then.” I mumbled.
“No Aaron come back!”yelled Virginia. “Since you’re here you may as well stay and be useful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!