Lonely Lucy And The Box

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One fine sunny day, a lonely girl named Lucy (who was always bullied) was walking home from school. If she had one wish, it would be so she wouldn't be bullied and to have at least one kind, generous, loving friend.
Lucy had blue eyes and brown hair and daggy clothes. Lucy's eyes were as blue as the ocean, her hair was as brown as the soil, her clothes were as daggy as a dump yard and her skin was as pale as a ghost. She wished she had better clothes because that was one of the reasons why she got bullied.
When she was walking back from school, she found a box. This box was as still as a statue. She opened it with fright and a voice came out and said, "I will grant you one precious wish.” Lucy was so excited that she did not hear that you have to say it the opposite way. So Lucy said, "I wish I did not get bullied again.” The box said, "Ok" and closed by itself.
The next day at school, when she was walking, she was so excited that she remembered she was not going to get bullied. When she walked into the gates, she got bullied about her hair, her eyes, her face, her clothing and her skin. After school, she went back to the box and said, "Why did my wish not come true?" The box said, "You were too excited that you did not listen to me. You were supposed to say it the opposite way.” Lucy apologised and said, "Can I please have that wish to come true this time?" This time she listened very carefully if the box would say anything. The box said, "Yes you may have that wish come true this time.” Lucy said, "Can I at least have some kind, generous, loving and thoughtful friends.”
Lucy got what she wanted. It was the best day she ever had at school. She had heaps of friends and did not get bullied once.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!