Daniel Cullums Part 1


Chapter 1
The door creaked. The hinges strained. I’m surprised the door wasn’t on the floor in splinters.

My name is Daniel Cullums, but my friends call me Daniels. I am 45 years old and am turning 46 in november. I live in a floating apartment. The year is 3294. Everyone lives in floating cities that are protected by giant mechanical bubbles, because earth has gone down the nuclear path, causing global warming temperatures to skyrocket, meaning no-one can live outside.

Chapter 2:
“I’VE COME TO RECRUIT YOU INTO THE ARMY!” Boomed the man.

“And I said that I’m not interested” I replied. I don’t want to go to war because my Uncle was killed in one and I don’t want to suffer the same fate. “Who are you, anyway?” I asked the strange man.

“I am Greg Maximillian, but you can call me Maxim, if you join” he told me. Still I refused, but I was able to avoid telling him why, though he never asked.

Eventually he went away and I was alone again. Night fell and I went up to bed. That night I had a dream.
I walk around the living room. As I walk into the kitchen I see my Uncle standing over me. “Daniel” he says calmly “You must join the army. There are forces arising. They are not aliens, they are humans, but their leader is neither. Please Daniel, I did not die in vain. Please, save the world.” he walked away.

“No, Uncle, come back!”

Chapter 3:
I awoke. I got up out of bed, got dressed, and I got in my my car and drove toward the army base. As I pull up at the barrier I am stopped by two men in official-looking uniforms. “who are you and what do you want?!” demanded the two men.
“I am here to talk to Maxim.”
“Greg Maximilian”
“The chief of training”

“Sure”

“Security pass?”

“Don’t have one”

“Do you still think that you can come in?! Without a pass?!” one of the men bumped a button, causing the gate to open. I drove through the barrier. I drove along and pulled up next to an office with the words ‘Greg Maximillian’ above the entrance.

I opened the door and went inside. I looked around, but there was a bookcase, a lounge and a desk, and behind the desk, was the chief of training, Greg Maximilian. He was staring at me, though there was obvious anger in those eyes. Without speaking, he slowly reached under the desk, then his hand appeared again, and was holding a BLAZE tech 300 knockout pistol “You shouldn't of come here” he said. Then he fired.



Chapter 5:
I awoke in a small room. As soon as I sat up a man walked into the room “let me be in the army!” the man just stared at me, then he spoke. “Are you sure?”

“Yes”

“Then we start ASAP tomorrow morning.”
“Roger that, sir.”

This won’t be easy

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!