Falling Underground

I stand there in silence. It was the middle of the night. The trees were whispering, carving shadows in the sky. I begin to feel petrified, but there is no reason why. Everything is quiet, except for the sound of the bats squawking, the owls hooting and the tree branches falling.
CRACK! CRACK! CRACK!
The ground starts to rumble. I feel apprehensive because it seems like the ground is going to fall apart. It starts to break. I try to run, but it was too late. The next minute I knew that my body had fallen through the ground, butterflies approached to my stomach.
My body was in pain! My ankles felt sprained, my arms felt snapped. My head was spinning. I didn’t feel great. I could hardly breathe and I was about to pass out, I could feel it coming.
SPLAT!
I was lying on the ground, I had fainted.
I looked up and thick, red liquid lies over my body. I have no idea where I am. I sit up slowly and I noticed that I had fallen through the ground. I started to freak out and I wonder how this must’ve happened.
I think of my mother and my father. They must be devastated! I can feel something brush past my arm, I wonder what it was. I feel scared. I am all alone. I lay there in silence, hoping this spirit doesn’t come back...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!