Bad Advice

It was a wet, rainy Saturday when my Sister decided to give me some bad advice.
Of course I didn't know it was going to be bad advice until later, after it happened and my world ended.

Mum told me to go outside and play, but it was raining and none of my friends were around.I was moping about with nothing to do. I was going crazy I was so bored.
"Do some homework, I'm sure you have plenty" said Nat. That's my older Sister and she thinks she is sooooo clever.
Umm..... no way, its Saturday and NOBODY does homework on a Saturday I grumbled.
Argh.... could this day get any worse?

The phone rang, it was my friend Geoff. We have been playing a game online, building worlds , Its our favourite game.We like to see who can build the best. It's usually Geoff but this time I think mine is awesome!
"Can you go online?" Geoff asked. "Lets finish what we started, I'll come over to your house."

We were having heaps of fun, you can build just about anything you can imagine.
Nat came in , "what are you doing ? I have some good ideas, can I help?" she asked.
I didn't need her help but I didn't want to be mean so I said "you can watch but that's all."

My world is awesome! My house is HUGE!
I built it out of wood, cobblestones and brick for around my fireplace. Outside near my deck there was a brick fire pit with a nice little fire going.
I was so happy, it was better than anything else I had ever created.

"Wow !" said Geoff," thats way better than my world. Let's take some photos so we can show at school."
" Your fire is too small " said Nat. "The fire pit needs to be bigger, let me fix it for you" she offered.
"Hmm.... I suppose it could be a little bigger , but just a little bit bigger."

"Come on, lets find your camera" said Geoff.
I looked away for just a minute and when I looked back DISASTER ! my whole hose was on fire. Nat had made the fire pit bigger and the fire higher. It was to close to my house !
"What happened ?" shouted Geoff. I was furious , everything I built was destroyed. My whole house burnt to the ground. Nothing left, just ash and rubble.

"I'm soooo sorry, I really thought I was helping, I feel so bad!" Cried Nat.

I couldn't believe it, I wanted to cry. "Never mind." said Geoff trying to cheer me up. "you can always build it again , It's just a game after all." Geoff said.

Geoff was right, It was just a game but I learned a really important lesson today and that is....
NEVER EVER take advice from your Sister when she says to build a bigger fire !
























FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!