Aliens In A New Homeland

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Aliens in a new homeland
Like all other parents, my mum wished to send me to a convent school. She struggled for almost a year to find a seat for me in one of the best schools in India. Finally, she got it. I started the school with great excitement. Suddenly, my dad planned to move to Australia with me and my mum. My mum was very upset because she worked really hard for my schooling and she had to leave her job as well. A new life started in June, 2017 when we three landed in Australia. My dad started his job in ANZ, Melbourne and I started my school in Essendon Primary School. I was enjoying my new school, busy finding new friends but I was not able to understand few things told by my teachers. This problem lasted for few days for me and then it vanished. Do you know why? Because I had a wonderful teacher “Sally” as my group teacher. She helped me to settle nicely in this new world. I followed her instructions carefully and I felt happy by the end of the day. She also started praising for me which made me work harder. She made me settle like salt in water.
I and my dad were happy enjoying the things but my mum was sad and was trying hard to get a job. I wanted all of us to be happy. Every day, I prayed to God for her job and one day a fairy came and gave job to my mum. She is a scientist and my role model. I love seeing her going for the job but at the same time I miss her , too.
Finally, everyone was settled and I was enjoying with my friends and family. This new land was finally our home now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!