Nerd

The popular kids rule the pupils. The fat kids rule the canteen. The nerds rule class. The nice kids rule the teachers. My names Debbie and I rule class. Yes I’m a NERD, the know it all’s, brainiacs whatever you call me I’m still a nerd. I’m in year 9 and I still get harassed by the popular kids. When do they stop! I have talked to my parents multiple times and they don’t listen all they want to do is go outside and have a smoke while on their phones. That’s why my family’s poor, because here in Australia it costs about 50 dollars a packet of cigarettes and my mum and dad have two packet’s each a day, that’s 200 dollars down the drain. I can’t wait to leave home and school.
Every day I wake up with tears leaving a wet salty feeling on my cheek. I get called names, the popular kids throw pencils at the back of my head, leaving lead in my hair. I can’t get away from them. They won’t leave me alone.
Halloween is a big thing in my town. Everyone has parties and I never get invited, but this year I got invited to the popular girl’s party. I got so excited I almost passed out.it felt like a dream come true, but I’m scared because it’s at a haunted house.
I arrived at the haunted house when I realised there was no one there, then all of a sudden Sarah the ring leader of the popular girls deistically jumped out of the bushes. She tackled me to the ground. I went down with a thud, it echoed through the night gloomy night sky. I screamed the girl put her hand on my sweaty hands on my mouth to stop me. Some other girls came out from behind the house. Sarah brings me up to my knees and put my hands behind my back. The other girls come closer, then form a line. One by one they kick me in the stomach, hard.
They did kicked me all night, I was kind of getting use by the 50th time they kicked me. 51.52,53 I ripped Sarah’s hand from my mouth and screamed as loud as I could. The street lit up. I keep screaming and yelling and running away from Sarah and the other girls. People came out of their houses with dressing gowns on and sleep in their eyes. Almost every one of them ran back inside and came back outside with a phone in there hand. As I got closer I could hear the closet house on the phone with the police I ran to them and grabbed the phone out of there hand and blurted out everything that happened. Ten minutes later I heard sirens coming down the street. Sarah was arrested with the rest. I went to court as witness and they were proved guilty as charged. I love school now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!