The Dark Room

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I was in my bedroom reading my favourite book. Suddenly Bang!!! I heard a noise coming from downstairs. ‘It came from a room in the corner of the kitchen,’ I thought to myself. I opened the door and slowly walked into the dark, mysterious room.
The door shut behind me, I was terrified and about to scream, I could hear footsteps above me, but I kept tip-toeing anyway. I came to a door at the end of the hallway. I pulled the door open with fear and saw the most beautiful, the prettiest place I have ever seen. At first I thought I was going to faint then I had a better look at it. I leaped into the mysterious garden and looked around the environment with wonder and curiosity. I was so excited, I didn’t know where to start.
Then I saw it, it couldn't be, but it was, it was a portal. A blue sparkly, swirling portal. “Have you ever seen a real life portal?” Well you should have because they are amazing! Intrigued, I ran closer to the portal and stared into its astonishing, swirling colours. I leaned forward to get a closer glimpse. As I leaned forward, something grabbed me by the hand. I tried to make a run for it, but it was too late. I had been sucked in. As I fell through the amazingly deep hole, I screamed “HELP!”
At the end of the portal, I landed in a cave. At the end of the cave, I could hear noises and people singing and laughing together. I had a peek and all the men had scars and scratches on their skin. I thought they were robbers and saw what was next to them. They had a collection of loot, gold, money and precious jewels and gems. As I was eavesdropping on their conversation, I stepped on a stick and made a cracking sound, ‘CRACK’.
I felt butterflies in my tummy. I didn't know what to do, I had to think of something. While I was running as fast as my little legs could run, my heart started beating faster. After running for a while, I came to a dead end. I was exhausted but, there was no time for rests. Then I saw another portal that was twice the size of the other one. I could hear footsteps coming behind me. “Should I jump or not?” I asked myself. I had no choice, I had to jump.
Suddenly I appeared in the same dark room. A sigh of relief came to my mind that my crazy, amazing adventure had just come to an end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!