Gadget Of Stupidity

In the futuristic world called Alstrosphere, anything can happen. It is an alternate universe and a sunny paradise. Everyone on this world had a power, some sort of talent that made them special. Everyone that is except one 12 year old boy named Will, Will was rebellious kid with blonde curly hair. Will always wondered why he was the only one who didn’t have powers. It haunted him his whole life until he invented a special gadget. It was a shiny, glowing stopwatch made to fit inside his pocket and trick everybody that he had powers. The stopwatch let him create whatever he wanted out of thin air.
However, the gadget worked its magic too well - Will became a hit with everybody around Alstrosphere, and was seen as a God in the eyes of the people. Will knew that if anybody found out that it was just trick, he would be hated and ridiculed throughout Alstrosphere, so he couldn’t let them know. Will couldn’t even let his parents know, it was that big a secret!
Even with this heavy burden, Will felt like he was finally important and had meaning in life.
However, this feeling didn’t last very long. Like a child, he did some stupid stuff with his powers. He created a TV, a couch and unhealthy food. Will got fatter and fatter and didn’t exercise, becoming the size of King Henry VIII after his jousting accident. Will even got a role on the show called ‘My life as a fat person’. Will was powerful and rich, but he was now also fat. Instead of giving money to charity, he kept it all or himself, even though he didn’t need it - he could create money out of thin air! He was the richest person throughout Alstrosphere, nobody could stop him. They needed to teach him a lesson, so he could see he was now a big pansy. Every time he did something, his belly jiggled as if he was bouncing up and down, even when he was standing still. There was only one person who could get through to him, his tv hero, Mark Wood, a daredevil who would kill himself for his fans, which he would probably in the future.
Mark and Will had a long talk about life and how Will was was wasting his, he was still a kid he had his whole life to look forward to and that Mark was an adult, his life was coming to an end soon.
Will thought about what Mark said, he was wasting his life, he need to get it back on track, so he travelled to the biggest volcano in the world and threw his gadget in. All the stuff Will created, disappeared immediately. Now he needed to be fit again, so he needed a special trainer and after two years of training, he was fit again.
Will learned a special lesson, ‘You shouldn’t care about others, being yourself makes you special’.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!