Tears

My eyes start glistening like glazed cherries and then my eyes start filling up with tears like a bath filling up with hot water. I try my hardest to hold the tears in but… Drip! The sound of a tear rolling down my cheek. More tears start tumbling after like a fast-flowing river. Every second I cry harder and harder, and when I cry harder my face turns into a tomato or even a plum.
Drip! Drop! As soon as I throw a tearful tissue away, my face is covered in tears again, they run down to replace the ones that were once there before. Sniff, sniff, I wipe away the sea salt tears away as I am trying to pull it together before someone walks in and notices I’m crying, but I can’t stop them rolling down my cheek.
Drip! The tears remind me of race cars going out of control, zooming down my face. I feel like I’m drowning in a flood of my own tears or as if the world is coming to an end.
Drip! Drop! I start thinking to myself saying what’s the point in life, what do I live for and why do I feel like I’m trapped in a box… but I just need to break free and start a new life, new friends, new school and a new me and that starts today because now I am in high school.
I glad fully wipe the tears away. Then my face starts turning to its original skin tone and my eyes aren’t full of tears anymore. The last and final tear slowly runs down my face, Drip! Then soon disappears into the carpet as the carpet is now completely drenched in tears.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!