A Space Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I got into the bus with my friends Sally and Pat. I just couldn’t wait. My class was going on an excursion to the planetarium! We were so excited. When we reached, we started watching a video about space. While we were watching, a wire snapped in half and started to act strangely. Everyone ran away, that is everyone except Sally, Pat and me. Something was weird with the wire. It started flashing a blue light and all of a sudden we got sucked into the screen and out to space.

At first we were just floating around but then we saw a little spaceship and floated towards it. Inside there was an alien. As we got closer we realised that it was a kid.

“Why are you all alone?” we asked.

“It was my birthday yesterday and my parents got me this spaceship,” he said sulkily, “And I thought I’d try it out. But a storm blew me away and now I’m lost. Can you please help me get home?”

“Of course,” we answered. “By the way what’s your name? What planet do you live on?”

“I live on Se2 (pronounced es-ee-2) and my name is Misco,” he said.

“Where’s Se2?” we asked.

“You don’t know either?” he panicked. “Now what are we going to do?”

“It’s okay,” we said. “Calm down. We’ll help you get home. There must be a map somewhere.”

“You are right,” Misco said. “My mum said there’s a screen somewhere and on it there’s a map that shows the way home.”

We searched everywhere and just when we were going to give up and go home, Sally said excitedly “ I’ve found it. It is at the back of the ship.”

“No wonder we couldn’t find it,” I said.

We all gathered round as Misco turned it on. Right in the centre was the app ‘ instructions to get home.’

“Here it is,” he said.

“Let’s get started right away,” Pat said. Soon we could see Se2.

“We’re here at last,” cried the little alien happily.

“ Well I guess this means good-bye,” I said sadly.

“No don’t go! I want you to meet my family, come on!” Misco said.

“Okay,” we said.

Misco’s mum thanked us and his father gave us presents. His sister said she was so thankful that we got her little brother home safely.

“Thank-you so much friends. I hope I see you soon,” Misco said.” Then his mum said bye-bye, clicked her fingers and sent us home.

Back at the planetarium an engineer was fixing the screen’s wire. A few minutes later, our teacher marked the roll and we went back to school. As we reached, the bell sang and we poured out of the bus as children skipped out of classrooms. Mums and dads were waiting to pickup their children.

“Bye Sally! Bye Pat!” I called as they left. We decided to keep our little space adventure a secret.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!