The Mischievious Pony

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I was very tired even though I was sitting down. I knew my pony, Starlight, would let me down because I had forgotten to give her a treat.
BAM! I fell off my pony’s back as she bucked me off. ‘OWW!’ I wailed as my enemy’s pony, Midnight, trampled me. Suddenly I realized that Starlight had not betrayed me. My enemy, Sirena, had offered to feed Starlight and she must have put something in her food, which made her be like this.
I tried to stand up, but there was this surging pain in my left leg. The nurse came hurrying over. My face was as green as the grass below me. Now Sirena was sniggering uncontrollably and Midnight was snorting uncontrollably.
‘Sirena, be quiet!’ my coach yelled, and Sirena immediately fell silent.
I can’t believe Sirena did this to me! I thought. The pain was so bad I was sure I would die.
The next thing I knew, I was sitting up in a hospital bed, rubbing my eyes.
‘What happened?’ I yawned.
‘You fell unconscious. The ambulance brought you to hospital and you were x-rayed while you were asleep. I’m afraid it was a very bad break and all the bones in your left foot and your left leg are broken and you will have to stay in hospital for half a year,' said mum.
‘WHAT!!??’ I yelled. I could not believe that I would not be able to ride Starlight for such a long time or even see her or stroke her.
‘Abigail, please don’t get agitated,’ my mum said gently. ‘I will be staying with you.’
Staying with me? No more dad getting angry all the time? No more annoying little sister trying to pat Starlight? No teenage brother bullying me all the time? Triple yay! I gave mum really squeezy hug.
I awoke next morning to find Starlight next to me. I could not believe that my mum had brought Starlight into the hospital! I was so excited, I hopped out of bed to pat her. ‘OWW!’ I wailed as I fell over on my broken leg.
‘You’ll have to have this wheelchair,’ said mum. I sat in it and steered myself over to Starlight. Sirena’s special food thingy had worn off now. Starlight whinnied happily and nuzzled me as I stroked her fluffy mane.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!