The Choice Between Life Or Death

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

RUN!
The soldiers are close behind!
There is no turning back because the past is in the past, and right now we are in the present!
SO RUN!
Charlotte looked back at the soldiers on their tails, then she looked at her friend Sophie, stumbling close beside her with red, tear dripping eyes. Charlotte looked back ahead of her so she wouldn't trip over. There in front of her was a huge, leafy bush, which gave her an idea. She told Sophie to jump into the bush and hide so the soldiers couldn’t see them. Sophie and Charlotte jumped into the bush and waited for the soldiers to pass by. The soldiers ran by and the girls ran for their lives. Sophie spotted an overgrown wall over near an old burnt down town.

Sophie and Charlotte ran behind the wall and sat down, thinking that they had lost the soldiers but they had thought wrong. Suddenly the soldiers appeared in front of them. Charlotte and Sophie ran down an old dirt road and then came to a stop. In front of them was another wall that blocked them in.

On that wall Charlotte noticed two buttons, one said (life) and the other said (death). Without any thinking Sophie pressed the life button and was teleported to another place. Charlotte closed her eyes to try and think which one to press. She wanted to see what it was like in heaven but she would rather see it when she is about ninety-nine, so Charlotte chose life. Just then a flash of light shone into Charlotte’s eyes and the next moment she was in some type of strange building. Sophie was near a wall staring at some more buttons. The buttons said (goats) or (cats). Sophie picked cats and Charlotte picked goats. Yet again there was a big flash of light, and the next moment they were in two different grassy paddocks. Charlotte was in a goat filled paddock and there were even goats floating through the air. Sophie was in a cat infested paddock. There were cats with wings flying around.

Charlotte and Sophie shoved through the crowds of animals until they came to an old wooden fence. There they found another button that said, (continue journey) so Charlotte and Sophie both pressed it. A flash of light again and they were teleported to a forest. They recognised that it was the forest that they were chased in by the soldiers. The girls quickly pressed the life button again and got transported back to the building. They looked around and realised a different button saying (leave journey) had appeared. Sophie and Charlotte both pressed it at the same time and suddenly they found themselves in Charlotte’s bedroom.


Excited to be home they ran out the door only to find the soldiers shooting like mad at them!
BANG!
BANG!
BANG!
RUN!!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!