The Secret Treasure

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One day, in 1798, a sea explorer named Captain Francis Drake and his crew were on their way to an island to find hidden treasure.
Inside the boat (The Dark Cannon), they had a little tv that they watched when they were bored. When Francis Drake found out that everyone
was watching the tv, he said in a very angry voice "who's on scrubbing the deck duty - you all have jobs to do?". "Fine" the crew moaned.
As the crew members almost finished their jobs a thunder storm suddenly started. The boat rocked from side to side and everyone ran inside the boat frightened. "Who's going to sail the boat while I see if anyone has gone over board?", said Francis Drake. "I will" one of the crew members said. "Thank you", replied Drake.

No-one went over board luckily. The storm was getting even wilder and the sea was getting really bumpy. "I'm back" Drake yelled, "quickly hoist the main sails". The boat got damaged in the storm and they were worried their boat would sink, so they decided to quickly sail to the island. "Can we please look for treasure now even though it's stormy outside?" one of the crew members said. "No - unless you want to get injured badly" Drake replied. Finally the storm stopped so the crew and Drake left the boat to find some treasure buried in the sand. It took hours and hours and hours of searching to find the golden key but finally they found it. "I want to go home now" one of the crew members said. "I know, lets use the key to find out were it leads to" said Drake. So they searched the island and saw a cave with a large brown door. They used the key to open the door and they found a boat made of gold inside.

"Yay we can go home now" said one of the crew members . Finally they set sail back home - without the storm this time! And they lived happily ever after.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!