War Of Thunder

Thunder of War
Bombs went down. Thousands died they called it thunder, thunder of war. It struck at night nobody could see anything it was as dark as echoing caves of screaming and death. I lost my friends, they were as close to me as brothers. I need to go on for them I am sorry Dan and Jaxson I failed you.
Should I go on? Yes, I should because I am Private Jason. Perfect, I found a car, an old Willy Jeep. I moved out on sun rise I was scared like rabbits getting hunted but instead of running I am charging. When I met I said I will protect you guys like a bullet hitting a shield.
Troom troom troo. Shoot out of fuel. I guess I need to walk. A couple clicks up a town maybe? I am in the town there are a couple of houses it’s as dead as an old men’s den. I see a leash with a horse it’s not a car but it does not run on fuel.
I check my compass it seems I am north of the base. I hear something could it be I squad? That’s my way in, wait it’s a friendly squad I go and see what they’re doing. They say “They’re going to attack the base.” I say “That’s crazy.” They think for a bit or what I thought what was thinking. They said “Fine we attack an old labour camp.” We go. There was a noise. Run boy, run I see a face I thought was dead, Jaxson was not dead. We talked and talked but when we got to the base a soldier said “Thunder get down.” Once again screaming the commander said, Charge.
Guns blazing, loud noises and then again THUNDER we fell back. We set up camp, not too far from the base. It struck dawn as fast as a flash. We decided to flank a squad on the left a squad on the right and the captain said. “CHARGE.” It was as loud as a stamped. It stopped did we win or lose? Then I heard fire…. BOOM thunder is hitting the base vroom vroom vroom BOOM. We look up the thunder was blown up by planes I look to my left Jaxson was cheering and so was the other solders. I went home and then went to Dan’s funeral. After that Jaxson and I got promoted to captain and I got to see my family again. My little sweet heart was all grown up and my wife still as pretty as the sun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!